What is Page Speed?
Page speed is the time the browser takes to load the given url completely for the user to be able to view the contents of the page. There are are multiple stages through which the page is loaded.
- DNS Resolution
- First Response from the Server
- Completion of the Total Page Loading
How can you measure the Page Speed?
You can measure the page loading using multiple tools like Pingdom Tools, GTMetrix, Chrome Dev Tools, etc
Measure Page speed using Pingdom Tools
- Visit the Website tools.pingdom.com
- Enter the URL of the website or the web page that you want to measure the speed for.
- Select the location from which you want to test. In general this would be the location where most of you users are located or it can be the location which you want to test the speed for.
- Click the Button’Start Test’
- Pingdom will take 5-10 seconds of time to complete the Page Speed Analysis
- After the completion of the analysis, Pingdom will show you the results which include
- Summary of your Website Speed
- Performance Insights
- Response Codes that yo page has generated (TBD: Another post about Response codes)
- Content size and number of requests by content type
- Content size and number of request by Domain and
- File requests
Measure Page speed using GT Metrix
Measure Page speed using Chrome Dev tols
How Page Speed can influence your Site or Page Rankings?
Click Here: How to Root